6- 2.5oz. SUPERPRETZEL® Soft Pretzels Item #3010
- 3 Tbsp. Butter Melted
- 1 Tsp. spoon Kosher Salt
- 3 Tbsp. Butter
- ¾ Cup Diced Onion
- ½ Cup Diced Pancetta
- ¼ Cup Diced Carrot
- ½ Cup Diced Celery
- 1 Tbsp. Finely Chopped Fresh Sage
- 1 Tsp. Finely Chopped Fresh Thyme
- 2 ½ Cups Chicken Stock (Can substitute w/ Broth, Turkey or Vegetable)
- Salt and Pepper to Taste
- 2 Tablespoons Finely Chopped Fresh Parsley
- Cut pretzels in equal ½” pieces, place in bowl and toss w/ melted butter and salt. Bake on baking pan @ 350°F for 20-25 minutes. Let pretzels cool to room temperature and reserve.
- In medium pan sauté onions in butter over medium heat until soft, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add pancetta to onions and sauté until crispy, about 5 min.
- Add carrots, celery, sage, thyme, sauté 5 min.
- Add pretzels to pan and stir, coating pretzels with sautéed vegetables and spices.
- Add ½ cup of stock into pretzel mix, stirring until it is absorbed into the mix.
- Repeat step 6 until all stock is thoroughly absorbed into mix.
- Remove from heat, stir in fresh parsley and place in buttered 5” x 7” x 2” baking dish.
- Bake @ 350°F covered with foil for 30-35 minutes, then uncover and bake about 10 minutes more.
***Stuffing can be assembled (but not baked) 1 day ahead and chilled (covered once cool). Bring to room temp before baking***