5 Raw Pretzel Dough Pucks (Item #3287)
- 1½ Cups Pizza Sauce
- 3 Cups Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Cup Sliced Pepperoni
- Olive Oil/or Sodium Bicarbonate Solution
- Roll out 5 raw dough pucks and press into an even layer.
- Cut out three 6-inch circles (or the size needed to fit the bottom of your pan). Put aside the leftover dough to be used later. Use a fork to dock the dough. Proof until double in size.
- Brush with sodium bicarbonate solution or olive oil and bake the circles on a lightly greased baking sheet for just eight minutes, then remove them from the pan and cool.
- Take your leftover dough and roll it out into an even layer. Cut a strip wide enough to fit the interior circumference of your pan. Make sure the dough is a half inch taller than the height of your pan.
- Line the round pan with parchment paper, so that parchment paper comes up and over the sides of the pan. Carefully drape the dough inside the pan, to line the sides, leaving that extra half inch of the dough hanging over the outside edge. Take one of the cooked and cooled dough circles and place it in the bottom of the pan.
- Spread pizza sauce on the bottom layer, followed by a layer of pepperoni. Place a layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top, followed by another precooked dough circle.
- Repeat the process, until you reach the top layer. Finish the cake by spreading pizza sauce, mozzarella, and then pepperoni. Use the dough that is hanging over the edge of the pan to create a crust, by rolling it over on top of the top layer of pizza.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until the sides of the pizza are fully cooked.