1 California Churro®- Churro Bun™
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/2 cup cinnamon sugar
- 6-7 fresh strawberries cleaned and sliced
- 12 ounces balsamic vinegar reduced by 75%
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Simmer balsamic vinegar in a small sauce pot until 75% of it has evaporated to make balsamic reduction.
- Bake churro buns in oven for 10 minutes until crispy. Take out of the oven and sprinkle cinnamon sugar on top.
- Split bun in half using a serrated knife.
- Mix together cream cheese and 1/3 cup cinnamon sugar.
- Move cooled balsamic reduction to a squeeze bottle.
- Spread cream cheese in an even layer on bottom bun, top with sliced strawberries, topped with a drizzling of balsamic reduction. Repeat layers for a total of 2. Top with churro bun top.
- Place finished bun in the oven for 4-5 minutes to let the cream cheese soften up a bit or serve it unbaked for a firmer texture. Garnish as desired.