3 THE FUNNEL CAKE FACTORY® Funnel Cakes Item #4503, broken up into hearty pieces
- ¼ cup bacon pieces (cooked)
- ¼ cup green onions (chopped)
- 4 ounces grated aged extra sharp cheddar cheese.
- 1 ounce all purpose flour
- 1 ounce bacon grease or butter
- ¾ cup whole milk
- Make Mornay sauce by adding bacon grease or butter to a double boiler on medium heat. Melt then whisk in flour until the fat is soaked up. Slowly whisk in milk until there are no visible lumps. Let sauce heat up and thicken a bit until it is just thinner than gravy.
- Place cheese in a mixing bowl. Pour hot gravy over cheese through a strainer and stir/fold using a rubber spatula until all the cheese is melted in. Return to double boiler if cheese isn’t melted all the way. DO NOT OVERHEAT or it will break.
- Fry funnel cake pieces for 45 seconds from frozen. Drain and place them in serving boat or bowl.
- Top with all Mornay sauce, bacon and green onions and serve hot.